Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pansit-pansitan Experiment


I was super excited to take care of pansit-pansitan especially after I tried it in a green smoothie. 

It is a local edible weed claimed to have kidney cleaning properties. I heard that a well-known archbishop claims that it removed his kidney stones and he likes to steep it in boiling water for use as a tea. 



When I found out some weeds grew nearby,  I tried to transplant them, but  my first attempt didn't go so well.  I remember thinking, how difficult could it be to grow a weed?! 


I waited too long before transplanting so they were too dehyrated. This time, I  am not taking any chances!


I am planting in living soil (read: composted)...







as well as some composted soil along with some regular soil. 


Will the experiment work or not? I guess I will find out soon enough!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...